Monday, March 24, 2014

If I had a dollar for every time government said...

"We're going to do something about INSURANCE companies overcharging consumers," I'd be able to afford insurance.

McGuinty campaigned on it back in 2002. Result: Nothing. Then, Wynne made a big deal about putting it into her first budget: Result: Talk. So far insurance premiums haven`t dropped a cent--not mine, anyway.

Oh, and did I mention health travel insurance. When I first began to travel outside Canada on a regular basis, my A1 travel insurance was $700+ for four months. The next year I had turned 76, so it was higher on account of age: $1,200+. But get this: Last fall RBC (Royal Bank) Insurance quoted me $1,900+ for the exact same coverage!! That`s a 63% increase in one year.

Moreover, I have stopped reporting thefts, of which there have been at least half-a-dozen, because the insurance company merely increases the premiums or jacks-up the deductible.

It is little more than legalized extortion.

Having said that, here's one reason health is so expensive south of the border, and it wouldn't surprise me if the same thing applied in Canada. [Note: Please go outside if you are about to barf!]




No comments:

Post a Comment