Thursday, February 9, 2012

I'm not the smartest guy in the world...

Not even close, but sometimes I feel pretty adequate compared to some of the other turkeys I hear or read about. Take this dumb-ass politician, MP Sana Hassainia, who is bent out of shape because she was asked to remove her kid from the House of Commons chamber during a session.

Now the rules of the House clearly state that no unelected person is allowed on the floor during a session, and a baby is clearly unelected, but this MP is obviously one of those people who think that having a kid not only gives them carte blanche over rules, but also other people’s rights–i.e. quiet enjoyment of a meal.

In fact, I can’t begin to count the number of meals I’ve had ruined–even in expensive restaurants–by someone’s obstreperousness kid screaming its lungs out or even playing tag while the parents looked on, admiringly of their little darling(s).

Equally culpable in my opinion are those types, generally women, who, upon see a sleeping baby have to “coochie-koo” it until they get it all hyper. Then, apparently satisfied, they go one chatting while the kid screams its lung out.

No, compared to insular thinking like that I fair fairly well in the IQ department–if only because I can think in two dimensions; what suits me and what suits others. It’s called enlightened self-interest. I can also manage 360-degree thinking at times, which is something that politicians like Sana Hassainia (et al) haven’t mastered yet.

As an example of modern parenting, however, Ms Hassainia is a sterling model (which is not a compliment).

No comments:

Post a Comment