Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Government ... Errrgh!

No new snow, and the town didn't come around to bury my driveway, so I managed to get out for breakfast this morning. What a treat!

As some of you know I'm handicapped, and in my part of Canada you need a special permit to park in a handicap zone. Of course, this requires an application process, supported by a physician. No problem. I had my surgeon sign my application and submitted it to the government minions. Ergo, problem.

Because this particular bureaucrat couldn't decipher the surgeon's signature--ever seen a doctor's signature you could decipher?--she wouldn't accept it. This, notwithstanding that I was stuggling along with the assistance of a walker (which, as everyone knows, I romp around on as a lark!). A quick call to my doctor's office resolved the problem, but otherwise I'd be walking blocks to my destination.

To err is human, but to really screw things up it takes a 'helpful' government official.

Return to home page

Visit my other site: Gerry Burnie Books

No comments:

Post a Comment